I want to ask every progressive in America, especially those now in or seeking political office, to commit to the following ten-point statement:
I will not at any time endorse or participate in any social movement or advocate any legislative change that promotes:
• Legalizing incestuous relationships
• Legalizing polygamous relationships
• Legalizing sexual relationships with, or depictions of, minors under the current age of consent
• Granting animals any new legal rights currently reserved for humans
• Granting governments any new power, outside of taxation, to arbitrarily seize money held in accounts and investments of private citizens
• Continue reading →
Seeking answers and offering gratitude are great things to do in prayer. However, as often as people of faith focus on bearing testimony, witnessing, or sharing their faith with others, we may not think to offer gratitude for this to God.
For a singular spiritual experience, try this: bear your testimony in prayer. Tell God what things you know to be true by the power of the Spirit, and thank Him for those things and for the gift of knowing those things. I expect that our loving Father, the source of all these blessings, appreciates hearing us say these things directly.