A few weeks ago, we had one of those generic gift certificates that apply to lots of places, so we picked a new place at random to try.
The little Divine Eatery cafe in Northwest Las Vegas is, just as its name suggests, a miracle.
Run by Chef Esther, this hole in the wall of a strip mall in a residential neighborhood makes the absolute freshest food we’ve ever eaten. When my wife and I had our first bite of the appetizers, we went wide-eyed and shared a look that said, this is something special.
Talking to the waitress revealed some things you want to know:
- They don’t even have a freezer on the premises–the food must be that fresh
- Esther has worked at some big Strip hotels, and was offered an executive position, but decided to try for fame and fortune with her own place.
- The menu is very flexible–request to modify what’s on the folded sheet of paper they give you, and Esther will impress you.
- Prices are very reasonable–and you definitely get your money’s worth.
- Esther runs the place almost single-handedly. She’s trying to train others to cook her way, but it isn’t easy. She’s unique.
- We had garlic fries and potato wedges at first, then a pulled pork sandwich and adobo chicken, finished with some deep fried stuff for dessert. All highly recommended.
- They’re almost at the point where they need to take reservations. By the time you read this, they might be there. They’ve only been in business for about five months.