This post will be updated throughout the weekend.
President Uchtdorf: The Light is Calling to You
- We have an innate feeling pulling us towards God, like animals’ instincts to get home
- God calls out to us, no matter what
- Our life will be better if we answer the call
- God will use us to make others’ lives better
- A good description of the disciple’s life as the good life!
- “Begin your own wonderful journey home.”
- “Blessings don’t come from abilities as much as from choices.”
- Even pioneer heroes were just human
- The light of Christ…the talk comes full circle!
- “No one else is responsible for your journey.”
- “Reach out, encourage, heal…”
- Life as a pilgrimage
Bonnie L. Oscarson (YW Pres): Service
- Lose ourselves in service to find ourselves
- Service is better in person than online
- Some of our most significant service will be close to home: family and ward family
- “What makes you think you go to mutual because of what YOU get out of it?”
- “We are not just receivers and takers of what is offered at church…we are givers.”
- [When we pull our heads into our shells, our world gets smaller]
- “Who needs me today?”
Elder Oaks: Avoiding Worldliness on the Family
- TSM: reject anything that does not conform to our standards
- Family proc. is essential guidance for exaltation
- “marriage standards of a declining world”(!)
- TOO MUCH truth in this talk–amazing job laying down the law on the family!