Last week, a student asked me to fill out a form to recommend her for student council. When she gave me the form, I noticed that next to “teacher name” she had written a clever nickname instead of my actual name.
So, I turned in the form like this:
1. How do you know the applicant? We stood next to each other in line once for lunch at a market in Bolivia while I was on assignment as an assassin for the CIA, and she was working in the sideshow of a circus that was passing through town.
2. Why would this student be a positive addition to Student Council?
- Useful as a scapegoat if the police start snooping around
- Her collection of human internal organs could be sold as a fund raiser
- Expert belching skills can entertain other Council members on slow days
- She would think this is funny
Good thing our Student Council advisor has a sense of humor. I hope…